Video Editor / Web Designer
Full Job Description
We are looking for a full time, experienced video editor / website designer. You will be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing videos for internal and external purposes. You will also help oversee the creation of website designs and implementation. The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for working with nonprofits and have experience in both video filming/editing and website design. You should be detail oriented, creative, a collaborator, and driven by a mindset of excellence to further push the creative aspects of our company and client’s projects. We are looking for someone who is a great story teller, self-starter, and who is always looking for opportunities to improve projects and articulate findings internally and to clients.
About GLBAL Media:
GLBAL media is a story first creative agency located in Westminster, MD for nonprofits, churches and entertainment companies. Our company was started by a guitar player in a rock band and those early years of touring the country in a 15 passenger van designing merchandise, tour posters and websites was only the beginning of what would later grow into a full service media company. Now with projects from 46 states, 20 countries and over 500,000 video views, GLBAL media is a full service creative agency providing Graphic Design, Website Design, Digital Marketing, Brand Identity, Photography, Video Production and Print and Packaging. What started out of a passion to share stories of hope from around the world has now grown into a full service creative agency serving Grammy award winning artists, White House Officials and some of the largest nonprofits in the world.
Company Culture / Values
- Friendliness: We strive to provide a friendly laid back working environment for our staff and clients. We enjoy grabbing craft coffee together to catch up and sitting around a bonfire to celebrate after a day of filming.
- Generosity: We believe in always being the first person to reach for the check and rewarding major accomplishments personally and professionally.
- Honesty: We strive to admit our mistakes and learn from them.
- Boundaries: We respect your time and do our best to operate within traditional business hours.
- Respect: We work with all races, genders and religions to help make the world better.
- Celebrating: We work really hard at what we do but stop to acknowledge the change, accomplishments and success of our projects and clients.
- Travel: We encourage travel and the worldview it helps develop.
- Film videos on and off-site (equipment provided)
- Edit videos (input music, voiceovers, graphics and effects)
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence
- Collaborate with creative team members to develop compelling visual stories
- Create website designs
- Developing digital mockups and implement our 10 step website design process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of video editing
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of website design
- Basic-Intermediate knowledge of graphic design
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe programs (Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, Photoshop, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress, Squarespace, CSS
- Knowledge of major social media platforms (Facebook, instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and collaborate with team members
- Self motivated
- Timely and able to work off of predetermined deadlines
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Availability to travel
- Experience in motion graphics (AfterEffects)
- Understanding of SEO
GLBAL media provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 – $44,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Premiere: 2 years (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- One location